Home Remedies for Enlarged Prostate
Just before we tackle Home Remedies for an Enlarged Prostate remember that if you have the slightest suspicion that you have a prostate problem, head straight for your doctor who will then base his treatment on the type of (if
any) problem you have with your prostate.
He will base this on your medical history a digital rectal examination (dreaded by all men) and a blood test.
He could also do an ultrasound to assess to what degree bladder emptying has been impaired.
Causes of an Enlarged Prostate
- This is often caused by a build-up of dihydrotestosterrone (a product of the male hormone testosterone).
- Tests have shown that an enlarged prostates show zinc levels that are lower than normal.
- Changes in hormone levels after 40 years of age can often cause the prostate to start growing again causing BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) which is the technical term for an enlarged prostate.
Symptoms of an Enlarged Prostate
- Frequent waking at night to urinate.
- Trouble starting and stopping the flow.
- A sensation that the bladder is not completely empty after urination.
- Dribbling after urine has been passed.
- A poor stream of urine.
Home Remedies for Enlarged Prostate - Zinc
- Remember that increasing the amount of zinc in a man's diet may lead to relief of the the symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland.
A deficiency in Zinc has been linked to BPH, prostatitis and even prostate cancer so should be a high priority for natural help for prostate problems.
Home Remedies for Enlarged Prostate - Saw Palmetto
- Saw Palmetto is known for its help in the treatment of impotence, loss of libido, testicular atrophy and male pattern hair loss.
- But it's main use is for urinary symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate.
- It is suggested that saw palmetto is helpful and effective for treating urine flow and may help reduce the frequency of night-time urination.
Home Remedies for Enlarged Prostate - African Pygeum
- Have a chat to your doctor about using this herb to help relieve symptoms of frequent night time urination and difficulty urinating.
Other "stuff" that can be used as Home Remedies for enlarged Prostates
Pumpkin pips contain beneficial amino acids that are extremely prostate friendly and research has shown that they help men trying to avoid BPH or already have BPH.
All of a sudden pomegranates seems to have gained popularity for natural help for all sorts of ailments including menopause and research suggests that it may help for the symptoms of prostate enlargement.
Prickly pear contains at least three prostate friendly phytochemicals: beta sitosterol (which is also good for hair loss) , linoleic acid and zinc.
To the top of Home Remedies for Enlarged Prostate
Back to Home Remedies Haven Home Page
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved