Herbs for Arthritis
When looking for Herbs for Arthritis you soon discover that nature has so
many little miracles in the form of healthy healing herbs.
In this section of our remedies for arthritis we have selected some of
these miracles that can help soothe, what can often be, the debilitating
symptoms of Arthritis.
Check out the scientific name for the miracle herbs and see how they can deal with this non life-threatening illness at home, wherever possible.
The herbal "remedies" have been tried and tested over time and are successful and affordable.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) has an incredible amount of natural medicinal uses. It fights inflammation, cleanses the colon and stimulates circulation.
The use of ginger can cause stomach distress if taken in large
quantities and is not recommended for people who take anticoagulants or
have gallstones, and as with most herbal preparations, is not
recommended during pregnancy.
But as far as healing herbs for arthritis go.......
- Ginger must be top of the list for arthritis relief, it works
just as well as what some drugs do, but without the side effects.
- It is a powerful natural antioxidant that has anti-inflammatory effects.
- The active component is gingerol which is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Ginger inhibits pain-producing prostaglandins.
(Capsicum frutescens or C.annum) is also one of nature's
miracles. Well known as an excellent tasty ingredient in curries etc it
also aids digestion, improves circulation and is good for the heart,
kidneys, pancreas, spleen and stomach. It helps to ward off colds, sorts
out major hangovers and sore throats.
- Cayenne contains a compound called capsaicin which relieves pain
and is very effective as an arthritis pain relief miracle herb.
- Cayenne can be used topically as it can be absorbed through the skin.
- Mix in a glass of water with some honey and lemon or get some cayenne
capsules from your local health shop.
(Curcuma longa) has anti-inflammatory (COX-2 enzyme) properties
which is good for all arthritic conditions. It is currently under
investigation for treating pancreatic and other cancers, psoriasis and Alzheimer's disease.
- Curcumin is the active ingredient in Turmeric, which has anti-inflammatory
properties as well as been an analgesic.
- These two qualities combined make a very good natural help for soothing
herbs for arthritis.
- Willow bark has been used throughout the centuries to relieve pain and
- Willow bark contains a chemical called salicin which is similar to aspirin.
- Salicin was used to develop aspirin.
- The kernels of the sunflower seeds, borne in the center of the enormous
yellow-fringed flowers, are extremely nutritious, comprising 25% protein and
containing many minerals and vitamins.
- They also have anti-inflammatory properties which can help in the
reduction of the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- You can eat them raw or roasted and are a nice addition to your morning
Some Other "Stuff" that can help for your Arthritis.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
Herbs for Arthritis
Good Foods for Arthritis
Vitamins for Arthritis
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis
Pain relief for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Herbs for Rheumatoid Arthritis
NATURAL HELP FOR ARTHRITIS
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved