Arthritis Pain Relief
Arthritis pain relief is a real and genuine requirement that any
arthritis sufferer will tell you, if you give them half a chance.
Some people say they need pain relievers on a daily basis, others have "flare ups" with relatively little pain in-between.
Which ever one of these people you are, we are going to try and answer as many of the question that you might have surrounding arthritis, and also take a look at the various natural way of helping ease arthritis pain and discomfort.
This page will inform you of the symptoms of Arthritis, the different types of Arthritis, and the causes of Arthritis, as well as linking you to various simple and natural ways to get arthritis pain relief.
It has to be used in conjunction with the 7 other pages which have been developed to give you home remedies, herbal remedies and all sorts of natural help for your arthritis, whether it be osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
Check to your right at the top you will see all the related content that you need for simple natural arthritis pain relief.
What is Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease that develops as a result
of wear and tear of the cartilage in a joint, creating those knobbly
reminiscent of our grandparents. These gnarled joints are at some
point most definitely in need of arthritis pain
- What actually happens is that the cartilage in the joints provides a nice smooth surface for bones to slide across,
allowing painless and easy movement.
- When the cartilage is worn away due to wear and tear
or damage, the bones then almost start grinding together causing pain
and stiffness, especially during damp weather or the morning after
- Some forms of arthritis can be reversible, and in
some cases curable, with proper diet and lifestyle changes. These simple
changes can not only relieve the inflammation and pain but can also
stop degeneration and rejuvenate the affected joints.
Old Wife's Tale
Anybody ever told you to take an unpeeled raw potato to bed?
Well, maybe you should try it, they say that it works wonders for early morning arthritis stiffness.
It seems to work better if the unpeeled potato is already sprouting little growths.
This arthritis remedy has been whispered into my ear by someone who is embarrassed to admit having done this......... but has said that it does work!
What are the causes of Osteoarthritis?
- As much as acne is the "right of passage" for teenagers then
osteoarthritis must be the "right of passage" for those hitting
the 50's and 60". So age can be considered as the number 1. cause
of osteoarthritis, and the need for arthritis pain relief.
- Obesity increases the risk of developing osteoarthritis. It makes sense
that if you overload the chassis, something has to "give"
and that will be the joints due to the undue stress extra weight places on
- Genetics are another reason, this predisposes some people to arthritis
more than others.
- And finally traumatic injuries can speed up the development of arthritis.
Different Types of Arthritis
- Juvenile Arthritis - This is a general term used for all types of
arthritis that occur in children, the scary part is that this form of
arthritis is even more prevalent than juvenile diabetes and cerebral palsy.
- Gout The affliction that causes peals of laughter and amusement amongst
friends and is always associated with too much drinking, but the truth is
that these sudden, severe attacks of pain, tenderness, redness and swelling
in some joints but mainly in the big toe joint are caused by increased levels of uric
acid and is also a form of arthritis.
- Infectious Arthritis - This is a form of joint inflammation caused
by bacterial, viral or fungal infection. Infections arthritis
can be cured using antibiotic medication
- Osteoarthritis - this is what we all get sooner or later and
especially if you are female, and are heading towards your 60's. It is
simply a case of wear and tear, and this is the form of arthritis that we
will be concentrating on here.
- Psoriatic Arthritis - If you have psoriasis you have a 5% chance of
developing this type of Arthritis, which involves joint inflammation and
sometimes inflammation of the spine.
You should take a look at Ken's fascinating and incredibly informative website on psoriatic arthritis.
- Reiter's Syndrome - this inflammation of the joints is a form of arthritis
which usually develops following an intestinal or genital/urinary tract
What are the symptoms of arthritis
- Joint pain and inflammation of the joint. Your joints can just
ache, but sometimes it can be a sharp stabbing pain, or even a burning
- Arthritis can cause swelling of the joint, leaving your joints tender and
sore. And now is the time to get natural arthritis pain relief.
- Joint deformity - sometimes, particularly in fingers it seems as if your
finger is growing sideways in the completely wrong direction that it is
designed to be.
- Early morning stiffness - getting up can be difficult, and also if you
have been seated for a long time.
- Crackly or crunchy feeling in your joints when you exercise the joint.
- Lyme Disease can mimic arthritis, causing many of the same sypmtoms, so
never self-diagnose, because maybe what you have is in fact not arthritis.
Take a moment to check out some of our most popular home remedies.......